Thursday, February 26, 2009

Attorney General Holder Gives Gitmo a Clean Bill of Health


After he returned from his visit of Guantanamo, Attorney General Holder stated that there are no problems with Gitmo. Dah! "I was impressed by the people who are presently running the camp." Holder said. No kidding! I was too. But then I have been in the infantry and did some time as special duty as a guard. Those soldiers and sailors take their jobs seriously and are professionals.

"I think the facilities are good ones." I have too agree. Some of the nicest cells I have ever seen as a matter of fact. And I have see some pretty rough correctional facilities. But those prisons were for American convicts, not terrorists who are considered foreign guests and receive only the best that America has to offer.

"I did not witness any mistreatment of prisoners. I think, to the contrary, what I saw was a very conscious attempt for these guards to conduct themselves in an appropriate way." I am glad that Holder gave our troops the compliments that they all deserve so much. He also told reporters that he saw nothing to support the allegations by the Human Rights Lawyer that abuses had increased since Obama had taken office. And that has angered the ACLU, the Human Rights, and their liberal supporters in a big way. I got a kick out of one Human Rights lawyer who whined,
" Obama is going to believe some of Bush's old cronies and not us!" I might disagree with Obama on closing Gitmo and dismissing the charges against our son's killers. But the man is too smart to believe the propaganda that the liberals and their organizations have used to smear Gitmo, and the military personnel stationed there. Its all about politics to him, just like any other president.

But after that glowing report him and his boss are still adamant on closing the high dollar facility. Oklahoma Sen. Jim Inhofe, a senior Republican hopes that Obama will see the light and change his mind. "I believe that as time goes by, there is a chance the administration will grow to realize that we need Gitmo and must keep it open. More time will allow facts to replace political rhetoric." Dream on Senator. I hope that Obama will change his mind as well. But the chances are slim to none that he will do so, unless something really drastic happens in the near future. He still needs his liberal supporters and can ony anger them so much. And thats politics. click on title

1 comment:

  1. You're right Gary, it's not going to happen. Obama is be-Holden (haha) to the left wing of the Democratic party and the closure of Gitmo is a surefire way for him to kowtow to them.

    ReplyDelete